Tuesday 31 May 2011

Vietcong only runs if I disable sound SOLUTION

I play Vietcong for many years ($amurai of Minh), recently I came across a problem with it. It would only run if I disabled the sound in the menu.

The solution is to enable the Stereo Mixer in your Sound configuration. To do this on Windows 7.

Right click on the little speaker icon bottom right hand corner of the screen, then click Sounds
Click on the Recording tab
Right click on empty space and click "Show disabled devices"
If you see the Stereo mixer as disabled, right click it and enable it. 

This should solve the problem :-)

Have fun!!!

Solution credits go to  chrisbest2962 @ http://www.gametap.com/forum/post49302.html 

5 comments:

  1. thanks - have vietcong working on windows 7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am able to play with sound again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, it's working!

    ReplyDelete